Urbana School-Based Health Center
The Urbana School-Based Health Center, located at 1002 S. Race Street, adjacent to Urbana High School, serves all children of the Urbana School District.
To make an appointment, please call (217) 239-4220
The registration packet that families need to fill out can be found here:
Medical and Counseling Services
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Physical Exams – school and sport physicals
- Acute and chronic medical conditions: Asthma, Diabetes, ADHD, etc.
- Reproductive health services
- Sport-related injuries and sub-specialty referral
- Individual and family dietary management
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (C-UPHD) provides student dental appointments at the Urbana School Health Center; to schedule an appointment call 217-531-4279. Dental Registration forms may be downloaded here (English / Español), completed at home and brought to your child’s appointment. Dental Care is provided year round and includes twice yearly cleanings and restorative care as needed. All types of dental insurance are accepted, students without dental insurance receive a no-cost exam and treatment plan, additional services may be paid credit/debit card or by check.
C-UPHD also visits all Urbana Elementary schools and Urbana Middle School to provide preventative dental care. If you would like your child to receive services at school, please print and complete the Dental Services Consent Packet found here (English / Español) and take it to your child’s school at the beginning of the school year.
- Dental Registration and Guidelines (PDF)
- Registro del Paciente Dental (PDF)
- 2018-19 SCHOOL DENTAL SERVICES CONSENT (PDF)
- 2018-19 CONSENTIMIENTO ESCOLAR DE SERVICIOS DENTALES (PDF)
- CONSENTEMENT DES SERVICES DENTAIRES ANNEE SCOLAIRE 2018-19 (PDF)
- 2018-19 年度学校牙医服务同意书 (PDF)
- 2018-19 년 학내 치과 진료 서비스 동의서 (PDF)
- Individual & family counseling
- School based counseling
- Case management
- Resource & referral
How to access the Health Center
- Parental consent required (except for Adolescent Confidential Health Services as per State of Illinois Statues). See the forms in English and Spanish below. French and Mandarin are available at the clinic.
- Parents MUST attend the first medical visit; parents do not need to be present for medical visits for middle school and high school level students thereafter.
- Parents MUST attend the first dental visit; parents of high school level students need not attend thereafter.
- Students or parents may call and make appointments.
- Same day appointments are available for medical and counseling.
- Same day appointments available for school/sport physicals. Patients may need to visit Frances nelson or come back for immunizations.
Method of Payment
- Medicaid, IlliniCare, Meridian and Molina
- All Kids, Kids Care
- In network for most commercial insurance
- Individuals without health insurance: Sliding fee scale based on income