Urbana School-Based Health Center
The Urbana School-Based Health Center, located at 1002 S. Race Street, adjacent to Urbana High School, serves all children of the Urbana School District. Urbana School-Based Health Center Website
To make an appointment call: 217-239-4220
Medical and dental services
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Summer 2018 hours:
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Physical Exams – school and sport physicals
- Acute and chronic medical conditions: Asthma, Diabetes, ADHD, etc.
- Reproductive health services
- Sport-related injuries and sub-specialty referral
- Individual and family dietary management
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (C-UPHD) provides student dental appointments at the Urbana School Health Center; to schedule an appointment call 217-531-4279. Dental Registration forms may be downloaded here (English / Español), completed at home and brought to your child’s appointment. All types of dental insurance are accepted, including Illinois Medicaid; students without dental insurance are asked to pay as they are able. Dental Care is provided year round and includes twice yearly cleanings and restorative care as needed.
C-UPHD also visits all Urbana Elementary schools and Urbana Middle School to provide preventative dental care. If you would like your child to receive services at school, please print and complete the Dental Sealant Consent Packet found here (English / Español) and take it to your child’s school at the beginning of the school year.
By referral only
- Individual & family counseling
- School based counseling
- Case management
- Resource & referral
How to access the Health Center
- Parental consent required (except for Adolescent Confidential Health Services as per State of Illinois Statues). See the forms in English and Spanish below.
- Parents MUST attend the first medical visit; parents do not need to be present for medical visits for middle school and high school level students thereafter.
- Parents MUST attend the first dental visit; parents of high school level students need not attend thereafter.
- Students or parents may call and make appointments.
- Same day appointments can be scheduled for medical only.
- School / sport physicals and immunizations need prior appointment.
Method of Payment
- Health Center accepts:
- Medical Card a.k.a. IPA; Illinois Public Aid
- All Kids
- Kids Care
- Individuals without health insurance: Sliding fee scale based on income
- School / sport physicals: $20 for everyone without Medical Card