Information for Parents
Parents Visiting Classrooms
Parents are encouraged to visit their children’s classrooms. Enter only by the main door. Ring the door buzzer which is monitored through a video phone system. You will hear the sound of the release of the door latch. Upon the latch being released, you may then open the entry door. Please proceed directly to the office to sign in and get a visitor badge.
Parents should make an appointment to visit their child’s classroom or speak to the teacher. It is important the teacher and students are not interrupted during class time.
Thomas Paine PTA
Research shows that family involvement promotes student success. Students with involved parents are more likely to
- Earn higher grades and pass their classes,
- Attend school regularly and have better social skills,
- Go on to postsecondary education.
- When families, schools, and communities work together,
- Student achievement improves,
- Teacher morale rises,
- Communication increases,
- Family, school, and community connections multiply.
PTA’s process for building successful partnerships starts with the National Standards for Family-School Partnerships and consists of three steps:
- Raising awareness about the power of family and community involvement.
- Taking action to cultivate involvement through specific programs and practices.
- Celebrating success as your school sees increased involvement and its impact.
More information about the Thomas Paine PTA can be found on their web site here: http://thomaspainepta.com/
President: Dana Daugherty-Perez
Vice President: Katie Madigan
Vice President: Ronda Holliman
Treasurer: Melissa Dowds
Secretary: Kristi Gresch
PTA Meeting Dates & Minutes
Regular board meetings are the 2nd Monday of each month. Minutes are tentative until next month’s meeting. Executive Board Meetings are held at 6:00 p.m. and regular meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. in the Thomas Paine library.
Previous Years Minutes