Volunteer Opportunities at Urbana School District
- Parent Classroom Volunteers
- One-to-One Tutors
- Urbana High School Tutors/Volunteers
- Urbana High School Mentors
School Volunteer Coordinators
Contact the following school volunteer coordinators for detailed descriptions of open volunteer positions at each school. Please return completed applications to the school in which you wish to volunteer marked Attention: Volunteer Coordinator. If do not have a school preference, please send completed applications to Urbana Middle School, 1201 S. Vine St., Urbana, IL 61801 Attention: Barbara Linder.
- Urbana Early Childhood School – Crystal Vowels (217) 384-3616 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School – Sandra Carter (217) 384-3675 / email@example.com
- Leal Elementary School – Laura Kerlin (217) 384-3618 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Preston L. Williams Jr. Elementary School – Angie Armstrong (217) 384-3628 / email@example.com
- Thomas Paine Elementary School – Angie Armstrong (217) 384-3602 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wiley Elementary School – Lara Orr (217) 384-3671 / email@example.com
- Yankee Ridge Elementary School – Lara Orr (217) 384-3607 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Urbana Middle School – Tom Howley (217) 337-0853 / email@example.com
- Urbana High School – Lori Ellinger (217) 384-3505 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers Must Pass Background Checks Before Entering Schools
Volunteers must complete a background check before working with students. A free check may be completed online by following this link: Urbana Volunteer Background Check.
Mentors must complete a fingerprint background check. Use the link above to find directions for scheduling your fingerprint appointment.