Title I-College and Career Ready School-wide Programs and Policies
- A Title I-College and Career Ready school wide program is a comprehensive reform model used to upgrade the entire educational program in a Title I-College and Career Ready school.
- A school wide program has the primary goal of ensuring that all students, particularly those who are low-achieving, demonstrate at least proficient levels of achievement of the Illinois Learning Standards.
- A school wide program permits a school to consolidate funds from Title I, Part A and other Federal education program funds and resources administered by the U.S. Department of Education to improve the entire educational program of the school with the intended purpose of raising academic achievement for all the students.
- A school wide program uses Title I-College and Career Ready funds to meet the needs of all students in the school, as determined through a comprehensive needs assessment. Individual students are not identified as eligible to participate.
- No distinctions are made between staff members paid with Title I-College and Career Ready funds and staffers who are not. All School wide
school staff are expected to direct their efforts toward upgrading the entire educational program and improving the achievement of all students, particularly those who are low achieving.
Title I-College and Career Ready School-wide Plans
Please note: All Title I School-wide Plans will be integrated into Rising Star beginning with the 2013-2014 School year.
2014-15 School-wide Improvement Plans & Summaries
All plans below are in PDF format. Updated as of Nov. 2014.
- Urbana School District #116 Improvement Plan
- King Summary
- King Complete Plan
- Leal Summary
- Leal Complete Plan
- DR. Williams Elementary summary
- Dr. Williams Elementary Complete Plan
- Thomas Paine Summary
- Thomas Paine Complete Plan
- Wiley Summary
- Wiley Complete Plan
- Yankee Ridge Summary
- Yankee Ridge Complete Plan
- Urbana Middle School Summary
- Urbana Middle School Complete Plan
- Urbana High School Summary
- Urbana High School Complete Plan
Choice/SES Policy (pdf)
Highly Qualified Policy (pdf)
No Child Left Behind Legislation – Section III4 – Schoolwide Programs: School Wide
No Child Left Behind Legislation – Section III5 – Targeted Assistance Schools: Target Assistance
Designing Schoolwide Programs – U.S. Department of Education – Non-Regulatory Guidance, March 2006: Creating Programs