Food Service at Urbana School District is provided by Aramark. If you have any questions regarding the USD #116 Food Service program, please contact Aramark at Urbana Middle School (217) 384-3694.
Local School Wellness policy
Board of Education Policy 6:50 School Wellness Urbana School District (hereto referred to as the District) is committed to the optimal development of every student. The District believes that for students to have the opportunity to achieve personal, academic, developmental, and social success, we need to create positive, safe, and health-promoting learning environments at every level, in every setting, throughout the school year. Research shows that two components, good nutrition and physical activity before, during, and after the school day, are strongly correlated with positive student outcomes. For example, student participation in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) School Breakfast Program is associated with higher grades and standardized test scores, lower absenteeism, and better performance on cognitive tasks. Conversely, less-than-adequate consumption of specific foods including fruits, vegetables, and dairy products, is associated with lower grades among students. In addition, students who are physically active through active transport to and from school, recess, physical activity breaks, high-quality physical education, and extracurricular activities – do better academically. This policy outlines the District’s approach to ensuring environments and opportunities for all students to practice healthy eating and physical activity behaviors throughout the school day while minimizing commercial distractions.
Continuing for 2018-2019 School Year!
Community Eligibility Provision – no charge breakfast and lunch
USD #116 is pleased to continue to participate in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for school year 2018-2019. ALL USD #116 schools participate in the CEP allowing us to provide healthy breakfasts and lunches each day at no charge to ALL students. Entree choices are listed on the monthly menus provided by Aramark, our food service provider and are linked below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Business Office at 384-3642.
Breakfast in the Classroom
Breakfast is available Monday through Friday for all USD #116 elementary, middle, and high school students at no charge for all students. ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS: At the elementary schools – breakfast will be available from 8:10 to 8:25am, in the classroom. We will no longer be offering breakfast before school in the cafeterias. We will continue to offer both hot and cold breakfasts along with fresh fruits, 100% fruit juices and milk. All students are encouraged but not required to participate in breakfast at school.
Breakfast on the Go
URBANA MIDDLE SCHOOL:
|Breakfast begins at 8:10 and ends at 8:30am. Breakfast is served every day. Cold breakfast only is served from 8:38-9:05.||Students who plan to eat breakfast should report to the cafeteria between the times of 8:10 and 8:30. Students should go directly to the cafetorium via door #1 upon arriving at school without going to their grade-lines. After 8:30, the serving line will be closed to all students. Students are to remain in the cafetorium until dismissed by the supervisor. The cafetorium is open only for students eating breakfast during this time||Students arriving after 8:30 who have not already received a no-charge breakfast may pick up a “cold breakfast” prior to attending class (served from 8:38 to 9:05).|
URBANA HIGH SCHOOL:
- Breakfast begins at 7:30am and ends at 8:00am. Breakfast is served every day. Brown bag breakfast only is served from 8:00-8:13am
- Students who plan to eat breakfast should report to the Commons between the times of 7:30am and 8:00am. Students should go directly to the Commons via door #1 upon arriving at school. After 8:00, the serving line will be closed to all students.
- Students arriving after 8:00am who have not already received a no-charge breakfast may pick up a brown bag breakfast prior to attending class at door 9 (served from 8:00am to 8:13am).
If you have any questions, please contact Kari Perkins at email@example.com; 217-384-3694. As always, breakfast is offered at no charge to all students.
Food Service Accounts and Payments
Parents or guardians can check their students’ food service accounts, listing purchased al a carte items or additional meals, and account balances by logging on to Skyward Family Access, and clicking on “Food Service” on the left-hand side menu. Payment into your child’s account can be made in the following ways:
- You can mail a check directly to the school your child attends in care of Aramark; please be sure your student’s name and ID# are on the check.
- Students may pay in the lunchroom by placing cash or check payments in an envelope (with the student’s name, ID#, and the amount enclosed written on the front of the envelope) and dropping it in the deposit box in the lunchroom.
- Credit card payments. Credit card payments can be made via the Skyward Family Access link through the USD #116 Web Store.
Food Service Menus
Below, please find the monthly food service menu for USD schools and programs. These menus are updated on a monthly basis. Nutrition information for each of the meals are also provided below. Carb Counts – entire menu (all schools) 2018-19 school year
Urbana Early Childhood School
- Snack menu – English / April 2019
- Menú de Merienda – Español / Abril 2019
- Menu de Collations pour l’École de la Petite Enfance – Français /
- PreK – Dr. King Elementary – April 2019
- Breakfast & Lunch menu – English / April 2019
- Menú Para la Primaria – Español / Abril 2019
- Menu d’École Élémentaire – Français / Avril 2019
After School Child Care Program (ASCCP)
- Snack menu – English / April 2019
- Menú de Merienda para el Programa Después de Clases – Español /
- Programme de Collations après l’École – Français / Avril 2019
This menu is for the supper program at the following schools: King Elementary, Leal Elementary, Dr. Preston L. Williams Elementary, UMS, and UHS. Continuing for the 2017-18 school year – hot supper will be served twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Supper Program / April 2019
Urbana Middle School
Urbana High School
There are four different lunch entree choices each day (Main Course, Green Street Deli, Corner Crust Pizza, and Custom Brothers Grill). Vegetable and fruit sides are represented by Take 3. Menus will change each week, in a 5 week cycle (cycle A through E). Lunch menus below are for the current semester indicated.
Harvest of the Month Newsletters
- Family Newsletter / April 2019
- boletín para la familia / Abril 2019
- Community Newsletter / April 2019
- boletín de la comunidad / Abril 2019