Urbana School District #116 Facilities Planning Committee
Urbana School District’s Board of Education passed a resolution creating a short term Facilities Planning Committee to review facilities need and refresh our Facilities Master Plan. Specifically, the charge of the committee will be:
CHARGE FOR 2016-2017 USD116 FACILITIES PLANNING COMMITTEE
The Urbana School District 116 Board of Education is appointing a Facilities Planning Committee to advise the Board of Education on developing a long-term capital improvements plan. The plan should be comprehensive, addressing the needs of all USD116 programs from Early Childhood, K-12, Adult Education, and Administrative Offices. The Plan should address the capital and infrastructure needs of all USD116 programs and buildings, while also considering the financial resources that are expected to be available to the District for facilities improvements.
In addition to providing a comprehensive long-term capital improvements plan, the committee’s report should advise the Board on the following specific topics:
What is the best use of the space north of Urbana High School bounded by Iowa, Race, Washington, and Broadway?
What are options or solutions for the relocation of the Central Office and Adult Education Building?
Is Urbana well served by the number, size, and location of our elementary schools? If not, what are possible solutions?
The Committee will include representatives from each USD116 school community, the Urbana business community, the Urbana Education Association, the City of Urbana interested citizens.
The Committee members will be formally appointed by the Board, and should begin activity no later than September 2016 and provide its final report to the Board of Education no later than April 4, 2016. It should also provide interim progress reports to the Board in December 2016 and February 2017.
The USD #116 Board of Education accepted the recommendation of members at its Oct. 18 Business meeting. Committee members are:
NAME & AFFILIATION:
- Matt Bain – Urbana Police Department
- Amecia Daniels – Student, UHS (Junior)
- Rachael Dietkus** – University of Illinois/Resident
- John Dimit – USD #116 Board Member
- Mark Dixon – Atkins Group/Resident
- Scott Dowds – Parent (UMS and Thomas Paine)
- Corky Emberson – Urbana Park District
- Karl Gnadt – MTD
- Taylor Gulley – Student, UHS (Sophomore)
- Debbie Hensleigh – Realtor
- Eric Peterson – Parent (UHS)
- Paul Poulosky* – USD #116 Board Member
- Lisa Quinn – UEA – UHS Teacher
- Kari Surratt – Parent (Yankee Ridge)
- Elizabeth Tyler – City of Urbana
- Alexander Valencic – UEA – Wiley Teacher
- Scott Woods – UMS Principal
*Board Member Poulosky has agreed to chair the committee, and we are currently selecting a co-chair/vice-chair. Meetings have been tentatively scheduled starting on October 25, 2016 from 6-7:30 PM. All meetings will be published and comply with the Open Meetings Act to allow for any interested person to attend.
**Committee member Rachael Dietkus will co-chair the committee with Board Member Poulosky.
Facilities Planning Committee Meeting Dates:
- Tuesday, October 25; 6-7:30PM; BOE Room
- Tuesday, November 8; 6-7:30PM; UHS
- Tuesday, November 29; 6-7:30PM; BOE Room
- Thursday, December 15; 6-7:30PM; BOE Room
- Thursday, January 5; 6-7:30PM; BOE Room
- Tuesday, January 24; 6-7:30PM; BOE Room
- Thursday, February 9; 6-7:30PM; BOE Room
- Tuesday, February 28; 6-7:30PM; BOE Room
- Thursday, March 9; 6-7:30PM; TBD
Agenda and Documentation
|Tuesday, October 25, 2016; 6 – 7:30pm||10-25-16 Agenda||YouTube|
|Tuesday, November 8, 2016; 6 – 7:30pm||11-8-16 Agenda||YouTube|
|Tuesday, November 29, 2016; 6 – 7:30pm||11-29-16 Agenda||YouTube|
|Thursday, December 15, 2016; 6 – 7:30pm||12-15-16 Agenda||YouTube|
|Thursday, January 5, 2017; 6 – 7:30pm||1-5-17 Agenda||YouTube|
|Tuesday, January 24, 2017; 6 – 7:30pm||1-24-17 Agenda||YouTube|
|Thursday, February 9, 2017; 6 – 7:30pm||2-9-17 Agenda|
|Tuesday, February 28, 2017; 6 – 7:30pm||2-28-17 Agenda|
|Tuesday, March 28, 2017; 6 – 7:30pm||3-28-17 Agenda||Final Recommendation|