Information for Urbana Alumni & Transcript Requests
Established as the public high school for the city of Urbana in 1872 and now serving over 1,100 students, Urbana High School is the only high school of Urbana School District 116. Other District116 schools include six elementary schools and one middle school. Urbana High School has over 100 certified faculty members.
As the only public high school in District 116, the student body is quite diverse in regard to academic, cultural, ethnic, and economic backgrounds. The University of Illinois Family Student Housing is located in Urbana, contributing many foreign students. UHS students and staff have won numerous awards, including a state chess championship, earned scholarships to Ivy League schools, have been honored with music awards, competed at the state and national level in a variety of sports, and had their social justice group recognized by a national educational group.
Urbana Alumni Association
The Urbana Alumni Association is an all-volunteer organization devoted to supporting Urbana’s schools. The organization is constantly trying to assist our schools in every way possible. Membership is important to keep progress at the Urbana schools going. This year, the UAA helped get chairs for the orchestra and a new weight room for student athletes. Their efforts will continue by focusing on the Wall of Fame.
More information about the UAA can be found on their website.
Information about specific year UHS reunions can be found on the UHS reunion page.
Upon written request by a student or a parent/guardian, official transcripts of records may be sent only to other institutions.
Current UHS students may visit the UHS Guidance website for more information about ordering transcripts.
For alumni who graduated or withdrew at least one year ago, please request your transcript through USD #116 Webstore (under transcript or medical record requests). You will also be able to make the payment for the transcripts in the Webstore. You can find a quick link to Transcripts on the Webstore’s main screen or located under “Shop” in the toolbar.
Transcript request forms are also available in person at the Jean F. Burkholder Administrative Service Center at 205 N. Race St., Urbana, Illinois.
- All transcripts, either mailed or provided in person, will be official and placed in sealed envelopes. If the seal is broken, the transcript is no longer considered official.
- If the transcript is for a student who is younger than 18 years of age, the request can be made by the student or the parent/guardian. For individuals who are 18 years of age or older, transcripts can only be requested by the UHS alum him/herself.
- Transcripts can be mailed to institutions (colleges, universities, etc.) without proof of the UHS Alum’s identity.
- If you request transcripts be mailed to individuals, you must email or fax a copy/picture of the UHS Alum’s Driver’s License or State ID as proof of identity to HR@usd116.org.
- If you request for an individual to pick up the transcripts in person, please provide that person’s name in your order in the Webstore and ask him/her to bring an ID. For the security of our alumni, we will not release transcripts without proof of ID.
- Please allow two to three business days for us to process your request.
If you have any questions, please call the District Receptionist at 217-384-3600.
FEE: There is a $3.00 fee per transcript copy or medical record requests. If a full record is requested, the fee is $5.00 and will include transcript, medical record, and any other records on file. Requests will not be processed until payment is received.
If unable to submit an order over the USD Webstore, you may send a letter of request providing the following information:
- Your name (as it was in High School)
- Whether you "Graduated" or "Withdrew" and what "Year" you did so
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number
- Exactly what you are requesting (for example: I am requesting my transcripts with ACT scores included.)
- The full address of the institution to which we are to mail the transcripts or if you are requesting unofficial transcripts provide us with your current mailing address
- Your signature and date on the letter with your phone number or email address in case we need to contact you
Transcript requests should be mailed to (please remember to include your $3.00 fee per transcript copy in check or money order made payable to Urbana School District #116):
Urbana School District #116
205 North Race Street
P.O. Box 3039
Urbana, IL 61803-3039